Here’s a brief tutorial on how to setup live chat for WordPress, using the free plugin WP live chat support plugin.
The good news is that the basic plugin is free, and easy to setup.
The plugin allows you to easily communicate with your site visitors via online chat. It also works well with the Divi theme, which is one of our favorite WordPress themes. The nice thing about the free plugin is that it:
- Supports an unlimited number of simultaneous live chats.
- Provides agents with detailed visitor information.
- Records conversations for record-keeping purposes.
- Offers a fully customizable live chat box.
- Notifies agents whenever a user begins a conversation.
- Integrates with Google Analytics.
First, you’ll want to install the plugin and then do some basic configuration. Once you enable the plugin, a small chat box will appear on your site.
You’ll also want to configure your message settings and make sure it is enabled for mobile. You’ll have the option to turn the live chat on or off, as appropriate.
Overall, this plugin is easy to setup and use. If you have a customer service based business or you do PPC advertising, the live chat plugin for WordPress may be a good solution.